Research Advisory Board
The Research Advisory Board (RAB) provides the Vice-President, Research and Innovation, with counsel on a wide variety of matters relating to the University of Toronto’s research enterprise. The RAB includes Vice-Principals, Research, Vice/Associate-Deans, Research and Vice-Presidents from across the disciplines on all three campuses and the affiliated hospitals.
Terms of Reference
The Research Advisory Board (RAB) is representative of the research enterprise across University of Toronto campuses and hospitals. It is not intended, nor feasible, to include delegates from every research unit or discipline.
- Appointment to the RAB is made by the Vice-President, Research and Innovation (VPRI) with advice from the President and Provost. It is advisory to the VPRI.
- The RAB will be the leading venue for discussion, advice, and guidance on the strategic research issues and directions of the university.
- The RAB will address all aspects of the research enterprise across U of T campuses and hospitals including basic and applied research, knowledge translation, commercialization, and industry and community relations.
- The RAB will play a leadership role in liaison on research and commercialization matters with federal and provincial governments and their agencies.
- The RAB will provide advice and guidance on U of T’s strategic international research activity and presence, in the context of the university’s overall international strategy.
- The RAB will advise on the use of effective performance indicators that describe the differentiated position of U of T as a research-intensive university, and communicate these to various stakeholders.
- The RAB will advise on the formulation and implementation of an effective communication strategy for research at U of T.
- The RAB will strike subcommittees, task forces and specialty groups of various types, from time to time, to facilitate the implementation of it activities.
MEMBERS (AS OF 1 JULY 2017)
- Vivek Goel, Vice-President, Research & Innovation (Chair)
- Stephane Angers, Associate Dean, Research, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
- Joshua Baker, Dean, School of Graduate Studies and Vice-Provost, Graduate Research & Education
- Dina Brooks, CIHR Delegate; Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine
- Marc Cadotte, Acting Vice-Principal, Research, University of Toronto Scarborough
- Judith Chadwick, Assistant Vice-President, Research Services and Chief Administrative Officer, Division of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation
- Kenneth Corts, Vice-Dean, Faculty and Research, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management
- Barbara Fallon, Associate Dean, Research, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work
- Lori Ferris, Associate Vice-President, Research Oversight and Compliance, Division of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation
- France Gagnon, Associate Dean, Research, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
- Bernhard Ganss, Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Dentistry
- Alison Gibbs, Director, Jackman Humanities Institute
- Ramin Harnood, Interim Vice-Dean, Research, Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
- Richard Hegele, Vice-Dean Research & Innovation, Faculty of Medicine
- Karen Knop, Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Law
- Helen Lasthiotakis, Executive Director, Strategic Partnerships & Office of the VPRI, Division of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation
- Sherry Lee, Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Music
- Stephen Lye, Associate Director, Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital; Professor, Faculty of Medicine
- Liat Margolis, Associate Dean, Research, John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design
- Kelly Metcalfe, Associate Dean, Research & External Relations, Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing
- Derek Newton, Assistant Vice-President, Innovations, Partnerships & Entrepreneurship, Division of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation
- Michele Peterson-Badali, Associate Dean, Research, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education
- Jay Pratt, Vice-Dean, Research & Infrastructure, Faculty of Arts & Science
- Paula Rochon, Vice-President, Research, Women’s College Hospital; Professor, Faculty of Medicine
- Ted Sargent, Vice President, International
- Leslie Shade, Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Information
- Arthur Slutsky, Vice-President, Research, St. Michael’s Hospital; Professor, Faculty of Medicine
- Bryan Stewart, Vice-Principal, Research, University of Toronto Mississauga
- Luc Tremblay, Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education
- David Wolfe, SSHRC Leader; Professor, Political Science, Munk School of Global Affairs Faculty of Arts & Science; University of Toronto Mississauga