2017 Abel Prize
The Abel Prize is among the most prestigious awards in the field of mathematics. The prize recognizes outstanding scientific work in the field, including mathematical aspects of computer science, mathematical physics, probability, numerical analysis and scientific computing, statistics, and applications of mathematics in the sciences.
The prize is meant to recognize contributions that have resolved fundamental problems in the mathematical sciences, created powerful new techniques, introduced unifying principles or opened up major new fields of research.
To discuss a possible nomination, please approach the awards director or coordinator for your division, or advise the contact below of your interest.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- J. P. Bickell Foundation: J.P. Bickell Foundation – Annual Medical Research Program Grants
- Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Strategic Grants – Call for Proposals
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): GRC Call for White Papers in Nanomanufacturing Materials and Processes
- University of Toronto: CNRS-UofT Call for Joint Research Proposals
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC): Partnership Engage Grant