2018 Grawemeyer Award for Ideas Improving World Order
The Grawemeyer Award for Ideas Improving World Order is given to those who have taken on issues of world importance and presented viewpoints that could lead to a more just and peaceful world. Eligible submissions may address a wide range of global concerns including foreign policy and its formation; the conduct of international relations or world politics; global economic issues, such as world trade and investment; resolution of regional, ethnic or racial conflicts; the proliferation of destructive technologies; global cooperation on environmental protection or other important issues; international law and organization; any combination or particular aspects of these, or any other suitable idea which could at least incrementally lead to a more just and peaceful world order.
The 2017 award recognizes ideas published or otherwise disseminated between January 2012 and December 2016.
To discuss a possible nomination, please approach the awards director or coordinator for your division, or advise the contact below of your interest.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
email@example.com | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund (OCRIF) – Call for Applications (Second Round)
- Innovation and Science, Ministry of Research: Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science – Low Carbon Innovation Fund (LCIF) Technology Validation Stream: Call for Eligibility Assessments
- Mitacs: Mitacs Elevate – Winter 2018 call for proposals
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-Jiangsu Industrial Research and Development Program: Call for Proposal
- : Academics Without Borders Network University Partners For capacity building projects in an Institution of Higher Learning In the Developing World