2018 Yidan Prizes for Education Research and Development
The Yidan Prizes were established in 2016 as the world’s biggest education awards. The inaugural prizes are given in 2017 and are available in two categories:
- Yidan Prize for Education Research, recognizing outstanding research that contributes in significant ways to education
- Yidan Prize for Education Development, recognizing innovative ideas that tackle important challenges in the field of education
Awards may be to individuals or to teams of up to three people. The awards will be adjudicated according to four central criteria: sustainability, future-oriented vision, innovation, and transformation. The Yidan Prize invites nominators, including government bodies, non-government organizations, professional associations and thought leaders, to propose nominees for the prize. Self-nomination is allowed only in exceptional cases.
Nominations are encouraged for these prizes. If you are interested in a nomination, please contact your Divisional Awards Director/Coordinator for your academic unit, and inform the contact below.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- : Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL 2018 Catalyst Funding Program – Call for Proposals
- Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL: Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL SIP Accelerator Program – Call for Applications
- Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada: Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada: Knowledge Mobilization (NCE-KM) Initiative competition – Call for Letter of Intent
- The RBC Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship: The RBC Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Apply Now
- Genome Canada/Ontario Genomics Institute: Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (B/CB) Funding Competition