2018 A.M. Turing Award
This prestigious $1,000,000 prize is awarded to an individual selected for technical contributions to the computing community. The contributions should be of lasting and major technical importance to the computer field.
Although the long-term influences of the nominee’s work are taken into consideration, there should be a particular outstanding and trend-setting technical achievement that constitutes the principal claim to the award. Successful Turing Award nominations include substantive letters of support from prominent individuals who are broadly representative of the candidate’s field or related fields, and that provide clear evidence of the candidate’s lasting impact.
To discuss a possible nomination, please approach the awards director or coordinator for your division, or request guidance from the contact below.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
email@example.com | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Innovation and Science, Ministry of Research: Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science – Low Carbon Innovation Fund (LCIF) Technology Validation Stream: Call for Eligibility Assessments
- Mitacs: Mitacs Elevate – Winter 2018 call for proposals
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-Jiangsu Industrial Research and Development Program: Call for Proposal
- : Academics Without Borders Network University Partners For capacity building projects in an Institution of Higher Learning In the Developing World
- Weston Brain Institute: Weston Brain Institute: Early Phase Clinical Trials: Canada – Call for Letter of Intent