Benjamin Franklin Medals
The Benjamin Franklin Medals recognize and promote excellence in science in the following fields: physics, chemistry, life, earth and computer and cognitive sciences and engineering. The subject must be an invention, discovery, technological development or a body of work reflecting extraordinary insight, skills, or creativity. The work must have scientific value and/or proven utility. It must have provided significant direction for future research, solved an important problem, or provided great benefit to the public. The winner receives a medal from the Franklin Institute. There is no deadline for the Benjamin Franklin Medals.
Additional Deadline Notes
There is no deadline for the Benjamin Franklin Medals. Nominations for the Benjamin Franklin Medals are accepted on a rolling basis.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
email@example.com | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- J. P. Bickell Foundation: J.P. Bickell Foundation – Annual Medical Research Program Grants
- Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Strategic Grants – Call for Proposals
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): GRC Call for White Papers in Nanomanufacturing Materials and Processes
- University of Toronto: CNRS-UofT Call for Joint Research Proposals
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC): Partnership Engage Grant