Clinician Scientist and Mid-Career Investigator Award
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
Please download award guidelines and application forms for further details: http://www.hsf.ca/research/en/node/62. Applications are due by 4 pm on Thursday, January 29, 2015.
The purpose of these awards are to strengthen health research capacity in Ontario, in order to advance knowledge and innovation aimed at preventing cardiovascular/cerebrovascular disease (CCVD), reducing recurrence and complications, improving health outcomes (including quality of life), and decreasing the burden of CCVD-related illness and disability on individuals and society.
Salary support is available to highly qualified clinician-scientists and mid-career investigators to protect professional time to build influential programs of CCVD research.
|1) Clinician-Scientist award|
||Eligibility: Licensed health care practitioner in Ontario with a PhD and/or MD, within four years of first academic appointment|
|Funding: $70,000 per year, for up to four years|
||Eligibility: Licensed health care practitioner in Ontario with a PhD and/or MD; with no fewer than four, and no more than eight years since first academic appointment|
|Funding: $80,000 per year, for up to three years|
|2) Mid-career Investigator||Eligibility: Researcher in Ontario with a PhD and/or MD, with no fewer than eight, and no more than eighteen years since first academic appointment|
|Funding: $80,000 per year, for up to four years|
Research Funding Officer, Health & Life Sciences
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 946-5926
More Information for Researchers
- : Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL 2018 Catalyst Funding Program – Call for Proposals
- Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL: Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL SIP Accelerator Program – Call for Applications
- Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada: Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada: Knowledge Mobilization (NCE-KM) Initiative competition – Call for Letter of Intent
- The RBC Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship: The RBC Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Apply Now
- Genome Canada/Ontario Genomics Institute: Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (B/CB) Funding Competition