CNRS-UofT Call for Joint Research Proposals
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
The Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) and the University of Toronto (U of T) are issuing a call for proposals for research projects. Principal investigators are invited to jointly submit proposals for the development of collaborative research projects and the exchange of researchers.
- Projects must include research team participants from both UofT and CNRS research units (fields related to Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Earth Sciences & Astronomy, Ecology & Environment, Engineering & Systems, Humanities & Social Sciences, Informational Sciences, Mathematics, Nuclear & Particle Physics, Physics). In the case of UofT, applicants must have a faculty appointment with UofT.
Duration: One year, beginning January 1st 2018.
- Up to three (3) joint projects will be selected.
- Funding is intended to support research-related mobility expenses, such as costs related to funding travel for the exchange of researchers (students, post-doctoral fellows, research associates and/or PIs) between the institutions.
- Maximum of $15,000 Canadian dollars per project.
- CNRS will provide each approved project up to CDN $7,500 (€5,000) to support CNRS-funded researchers.
- UofT will provide each approved project up to CDN $7,500 to UofT researchers.
Applicant should follow the proposal requirements as outlined
1) Applications must be submitted simultaneously by researchers. NOI and Research Proposal submissions must be sent electronically by e-mail to:
For UofT applicants:
Special Projects Officer Office of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation
For CNRS-funded applicants: on CoopIntEER platform – https://www.cooperation.cnrs.fr/coopinteer/interne/welcome.do
2) Proposals must be submitted by July 30, 2017. No proposal will be accepted after the deadline. Proposals must be no more than three (3) pages, and include an abstract, description of the planned activities, expected project impact, outline of the collaborative activities, any trainee involvement and capacity for future collaboration, as well as a detailed budget. The CVs of the respective PIs should also be forwarded with the proposal.
U of T Research
More Information for Researchers
- National Research Council Canada: Canada: National Research Council Canada: Canada – Germany 2+2 R&D Projects in Industry 4.0 Technology – Call for Proposals
- The Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation: The Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation (CABHI): 2018 Call for Innovations: Industry Innovation Partnership Program – Round 3
- Ontario Centres of Excellence: Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) : Ontario-Israel Research Network Program – MAGNET (OIRNP-MAGNET) Call for Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Ontario Centres of Excellence: Ontario Centres of Excellence: Health Technologies Fund – Call for Expressions of Interest (EOIs)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC): E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowships