Connaught Global Challenge Award
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
$750K annually will be awarded to support approximately 3 team initiatives of up-to $250K each. The program aims to heighten UofT’s contribution to important issues facing society through the advancement of knowledge, and the transfer and application of solutions. Global Challenge teams will represent new collaborations involving leading UofT researchers and students from multiple disciplines, along with innovators and thought leaders from other sectors. The program objective is to enhance UofT’s capacity to achieve meaningful outcomes and impact, including but not limited to: major new external funding to further develop solutions to the global challenge, important new partnerships, and/or new research oriented academic programs.
The application deadline is June 1, 2017, with results announced by October 2017. Faculty members interested in applying are encouraged to review the program guidelines in advance of preparing a submission.
The program is open to all full-time professorial staff (tenured or tenure-stream) at the University of Toronto. Questions regarding eligibility can be directed to the Connaught Secretariat
- 2017 Connaught Global Challenge Award Program Guidelines
- 2017 Connaught Global Challenge Award Application Instructions
Research Funding Manager, Internal Programs (mat. leave)
email@example.com | (416) 978-1614
More Information for Researchers
- University of Toronto: CNRS-UofT Call for Joint Research Proposals
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC): Partnership Engage Grant
- Ontario Government: Ontario Government Partners in Climate Action – Low-Carbon Grant
- : UCL-U of T Call for Joint Proposals and Exchange Activities
- Brain Canada Foundation, Kids Brain Health Network: Brain Canada-Kids Brain Health Network Training Awards (Developmental Neurosciences Research)