Connaught Global Challenge Award
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
$1 million annually will be awarded to support approximately 4 team initiatives of up-to $250K each. The program aims to heighten UofT’s contribution to important issues facing society through the advancement of knowledge, and the transfer and application of solutions. Global Challenge teams will represent new collaborations involving leading UofT researchers and students from multiple disciplines, along with innovators and thought leaders from other sectors. The program objective is to enhance UofT’s capacity to achieve meaningful outcomes and impact, including but not limited to: major new external funding to further develop solutions to the global challenge, important new partnerships, and/or new research oriented academic programs.
The application deadline is June 1, 2018, with results announced by October 2018. Faculty members interested in applying are encouraged to review the program guidelines in advance of preparing a submission.
The program is open to all full-time professorial staff (tenured or tenure-stream) at the University of Toronto. Questions regarding eligibility can be directed to the Connaught Secretariat
- 2018 Connaught Global Challenge Award Program Guidelines
- 2018 Connaught Global Challenge Award Program Application Instructions
Manager, Internal Programs
email@example.com | (416) 978-7118
More Information for Researchers
- Weston Brain Institute: Weston Brain Institute – Transformational Research: Canada 2018 Call for Letter of Intent
- Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique (FNRS)\National Fund for Scientific Research - Belgium: 2018 Baillet Latour Health Prize
- : Simons Early Career Investigator in Marine Microbial Ecology and Evolution
- France-Canada Research Fund: The France-Canada Research Fund 2018
- BioFuelNet Canada (BFN): Biofuelnet Canada (BFN) – Agri-Science Cluster: Call for Expression Of Interest