Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
Connect Canada is a new internship program that links graduate students and Canadian companies for research placements. Regardless of the issue, the sector or the location, Connect Canada internships can help companies find a cost-effective solution developed by highly skilled graduate students under the supervision of an academic supervisor. For graduate students, it provides a pathway to further develop their research skills, while gaining valuable industry experience and contacts. For the academic supervisor, the stipend is considered a part of their research funding and provides an opportunity to make contact with various industrial partners.
The categories of research that can be performed through this program fall into the following categories: natural science, engineering, economy, social science, health, environment and ethics. Each internship is four-to-six months and is completed by a graduate student at the master’s, PhD or post-doctoral fellow level.
Connect Canada internships are funded by $5,000 from the company, which is matched by Connect Canada for a total intern stipend of $10,000 for the entire internship. The Connect Canada Internship program is funded by the Industrial Research-Development Internship (IRDI) program through the Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE).
For more information, visit https://www.connectcanadainternships.ca.
IPO will be offering an information session about this program in August. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-5557
More Information for Researchers
- : Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL 2018 Catalyst Funding Program – Call for Proposals
- Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL: Networks of Centres of Excellence (NCE): AGE-WELL SIP Accelerator Program – Call for Applications
- Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada: Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada: Knowledge Mobilization (NCE-KM) Initiative competition – Call for Letter of Intent
- The RBC Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship: The RBC Prize for Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Apply Now
- Genome Canada/Ontario Genomics Institute: Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (B/CB) Funding Competition