Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
In this second competition of Challenge I of the Cyberinfrastructure Inititiave, the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) challenges institutions and researchers to come together to form consortia and propose research data infrastructure projects that create tailored, shared and integrated data resources (e.g. databases and data repositories) capable of enabling leading-edge research on significant scientific, social and economic questions. Projects submitted should bring together a community of researchers from across the country who share similar challenges linked to the availability of research data. Projects should address an existing or emerging challenge for this community through the development of new tools and applications or novel ways of organizing and using research data that would enhance the community’s capacity to conduct leading-edge research. The CFI expects to fund between five and 10 proposals and will contribute up to 40 percent of the eligible costs of an infrastructure project. Each project will be limited to a request of a maximum of $2 million from the CFI. See the CFI Call for Proposals.
CFI Information Sessions:
The CFI presentation from the Information Session held on April 26th can be found here.
|Dates||Webinar Login Details|
|April 26, 2017, 1:00 p.m. EST
|April 27, 2017, 1:00 p.m. EST
CFI Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Internal NOI deadline: May 4, 2017
- Sponsor NOI deadline: May 12, 2017*
* Invitation to submit a proposal will be available at the end of June 2017
- Internal draft proposal deadline: September 11, 2017
- Internal final proposal deadline: October 4, 2017
- My Research Application (MRA) Deadline: October 4, 2017
- Sponsor proposal deadline: October 13, 2017
Research Funding Officer
email@example.com | (416) 978-8489
More Information for Researchers
- J. P. Bickell Foundation: J.P. Bickell Foundation – Annual Medical Research Program Grants
- Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Strategic Grants – Call for Proposals
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): GRC Call for White Papers in Nanomanufacturing Materials and Processes
- University of Toronto: CNRS-UofT Call for Joint Research Proposals
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC): Partnership Engage Grant