In this second competition of Challenge I of the Cyberinfrastructure Inititiave, the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) challenges institutions and researchers to come together to form consortia and propose research data infrastructure projects that create tailored, shared and integrated data resources (e.g. databases and data repositories) capable of enabling leading-edge research on significant scientific, social and economic questions. Projects submitted should bring together a community of researchers from across the country who share similar challenges linked to the availability of research data. Projects should address an existing or emerging challenge for this community through the development of new tools and applications or novel ways of organizing and using research data that would enhance the community’s capacity to conduct leading-edge research. The CFI expects to fund between five and 10 proposals and will contribute up to 40 percent of the eligible costs of an infrastructure project. Each project will be limited to a request of a maximum of $2 million from the CFI. See the CFI Call for Proposals.
CFI Information Sessions:
|Dates||Webinar Login Details|
|April 26, 2017, 1:00 p.m. EST
|April 27, 2017, 1:00 p.m. EST
CFI Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Internal NOI deadline: May 4, 2017
- Sponsor NOI deadline: May 12, 2017*
* Invitation to submit a proposal will be available at the end of June 2017
- Internal draft proposal deadline: September 11, 2017
- Internal final proposal deadline: October 4, 2017
- My Research Application (MRA) Deadline: October 4, 2017
- Sponsor proposal deadline: October 13, 2017
Director, Institutional Initiatives
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-7605
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Mitacs: Mitacs Globalink Research Internships – 2018 Call for Applications
- National Academy of Inventors: National Academy of Inventors Fellowship
- The Tang Prize Foundation: 2018 Tang Prize
- Ontario Centres of Excellence: OCE Solutions 2030 Challenge – ‘GreenHouse Gas’ Call for Applications
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI), Ministry of Research and Innovation - Ontario: Cyberinfrastructure Initiative