2018 Dan David Prize
Three prizes of USD $1,000,000 each are awarded annually for exceptional achievements in sciences, humanities, social sciences, law, philosophy, technological studies, mathematics, environmental studies, and public service.
The Dan David Prize covers three time dimensions representing realms of human achievement and experience:
- The Past refers to fields that expand knowledge of former times.
- The Present recognizes achievements that shape and enrich society today.
- The Future focuses on breakthroughs that hold great promise for improvement of our world.
Subject themes for each Time Dimension vary from year to year. The 2018 themes will be:
Past: History of Science
Future: Personalized Medicine
A 2014 Dan David Prize for Present Time Dimension was awarded to a UofT researcher.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Genome Canada/Ontario Genomics Institute: Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (B/CB) Funding Competition
- Mitacs: Mitacs Accelerate Fellowship
- Ericsson Canada: Ericsson Canada Request for Proposal – ICT and Networked Society
- Natural Resources Canada: Natural Resources Canada: New Clean Growth Program – Call for Letter of Interest
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund (OCRIF) – Call for Applications (Second Round)