2018 Gruber Prizes
The Gruber Prizes are internationally prestigious awards that honor individuals in the fields of Cosmology, Genetics, and Neuroscience, whose groundbreaking work provides new models that inspire and enable fundamental shifts in knowledge and culture. Nominations remain under consideration for three years.
The following Gruber Prizes are awarded each year:
- Cosmology Prize: For theoretical, analytical, conceptual or observational discoveries leading to fundamental advances in our understanding of the universe;
- Neuroscience Prize: For major discoveries that have advanced the understanding of the nervous system;
- Genetics Prize: In recognition of groundbreaking contributions to any realm of genetics research; and
- Young Scientists Awards: A suite of awards that foster the next generation of scientific discovery.
The 2008 Gruber Cosmology Prize was awarded to U of T Professor J. Richard Bond.
To discuss a possible nomination, please approach the awards director or coordinator for your division, or advise the contact below of your interest.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
email@example.com | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique (FNRS)\National Fund for Scientific Research - Belgium: 2018 Baillet Latour Health Prize
- : Simons Early Career Investigator in Marine Microbial Ecology and Evolution
- France-Canada Research Fund: The France-Canada Research Fund 2018
- BioFuelNet Canada (BFN): Biofuelnet Canada (BFN) – Agri-Science Cluster: Call for Expression Of Interest
- : Japan Technology Group: Call for Research Proposals – IMMUNOLOGY area