Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. – The Huawei Innovation Research Program (HIRP)- Call for Proposals
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
The Huawei Innovation Research Program (HIRP) provides funding opportunities to leading universities and research institutes conducting innovative research in communication technology, computer science, engineering, and related fields. HIRP seeks to identify and support world-class, full-time faculty members pursuing innovation of mutual interest. Outstanding HIRP winners may be invited to establish further long-term research collaboration with Huawei.
Our ongoing programs regularly solicit proposals for funding, either through an open submission process (HIRP OPEN) or by invitation (HIRP FLAGSHIP).Let Huawei help bring your innovative ideas into practice. HIRP enables you by providing:
- Information regarding research needs and challenging problems from the frontier of the information and communications industry
- Financial support for your research ideas
- Opportunities to be a long-term research partner with the Huawei Global Advanced R&D Team
HIRP OPEN is a 1-2 year award to support contract-based innovation research of world-class full-time faculty members at top universities around the world.
Through a formal review process by Huawei Technical Experts Group members and invited international distinguished scholars, selected proposals will receive financial support with the amount ranging from USD 30,000 to USD 70,000. In some cases, larger awards may be possible for especially outstanding proposals.
Please note that joint research proposals from multiple universities will not be accepted in the HIRP Open program, but can be considered for the HIRP FLAGSHIP program.
Conducting innovative research in:
email@example.com | (416) 978-5557
More Information for Researchers
- Samsung Global: 2018 Samsung Global Research Outreach Program (SAIT)- Call for Proposals
- Mitacs: Mitacs Elevate – Spring 2018 Call for Proposals
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. – The Huawei Innovation Research Program (HIRP)- Call for Proposals
- National Research Council Canada: Canada: National Research Council Canada: Canada – Germany 2+2 R&D Projects in Industry 4.0 Technology – Call for Proposals
- The Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation: The Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation (CABHI): 2018 Call for Innovations: Industry Innovation Partnership Program – Round 3