Notice: The RIS Application Attachment form (aka Blue form) has been replaced by the on-line My Research Applications. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your Employee Self-Serve (ESS) or My Research On-Line (MROL) credentials. If you encounter problems please contact the RAISE help desk, (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca). Please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information.
There are two competitions each year:
Full application deadline:
Funding start date:
Abstract registration must be completed in order to submit a full application.
Additional special topic competitions may be offered in response to specific funding opportunities (eg. targeted donations or partnership funding), and will be announced on the CCSRI website.
Innovation Grants have been created to support innovative, creative problem solving in cancer research. As competition for grant funding increases, peer review panels become more conservative and risk averse, emphasizing feasibility more than innovation. The goal of this CCSRI grant program is to support unconventional concepts, approaches or methodologies to address problems in cancer research. Innovation projects will include elements of creativity, curiosity, investigation, exploration and opportunity. Successful projects may be based on “high risk” ideas, but will have the potential for “high reward” (i.e. to significantly impact our understanding of cancer and generate new approaches to combat the disease by introducing novel ideas into use or practice).
It is hoped that this grant program will accelerate the introduction of innovation into the entire cancer research system and contribute to the scientific idea pipeline. Significant findings from investigators funded by Innovation Grants may be developed further through CCSRI “Innovation to Impact” Grants or operating grants offered by other agencies.
Research Funding Officer, Health & Life Sciences
email@example.com | (416) 946-5926
More Information for Researchers
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR): 2015 CIHR Barer-Flood Prize in Health Services and Policy Research
- Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation (MRI): Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund (OCRIF) – Intent to Submit Grant Application for the 2015 Call for Proposals
- Canadian Diabetes Association: Personnel Awards Competition
- Mitacs: Mitacs Globalink funding opportunity with Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC) Global Research Collaboration (GRC): Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC) Global Research Collaboration is soliciting white papers in the thrust area of Logic and Memory Devices