Killam Research Fellowships
The Killam Research Fellowships are awarded annually, on a competitive basis, to support scholars doing research in any of the following fields: humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, health sciences, engineering, or studies linking any of the disciplines within these fields.
The Fellowships provide two full years of release time from teaching and administrative duties to individual scholars who wish to pursue independent research. They are intended for established scholars who have demonstrated outstanding research ability, have published the results of their research in substantial publications in their field and are expected to continue contributing to the Canadian research community after they have completed their fellowship project. These awards are valued at $70,000 per year. Fellowship recipients must obtain support for research and laboratory costs from other sources. Retired faculty are not eligible to apply.
Monday, April 23, 2018: Internal Deadline
- Completed MRA -My Research Application form submitted to obtain departmental/divisional approvals. Available at http://aws.utoronto.ca/services/my-research-mr/
- Completed draft application form (Word doc) is required for Research Services to perform Editorial/Administrative Reviews (optional)
- Candidates must contact the Killam Program at email@example.com to obtain a user name, password and PIN number (PIN is needed to identify the applicant to the Killam Program upon submission of the applicant’s CV from the Common CV Web site)
10 am, Monday, May 14, 2018: Sponsor Deadline
- Applications must be submitted electronically (via the Killam website by clicking on “Submit Application”)
- After submitting online, before logging off, applicants must print the required letter to the Canada Council, then sign and send it by mail/courier postmarked no later than May 15, 2018 to sponsor with any required supporting document
An information session will be offered on the St George campus by Luiza Pereira, Program Officer, Canada Council for the Arts, which will cover program eligibility, application requirements, and information on adjudication and proposal tips.
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:30-4:00 pm
- Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, Room 702, 246 Bloor St W (corner of Bloor and Bedford)
RSVP to Sarah Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that 10 minute breakout sessions with the Killam Program Officer are available for more specific questions. If interested, please indicate this when you RSVP.
Additional information on the Killam Research Fellowships can be found on the Canada Council for the Arts Killam Program website. The Killam Research Fellowship application portal is open now, with updated instructions for the 2018 competition.
Research Funding Officer, Social Sciences & Humanities
email@example.com | (416) 978-7324
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- National Research Council Canada: Canada: National Research Council Canada: Canada – Germany 2+2 R&D Projects in Industry 4.0 Technology – Call for Proposals
- The Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation: The Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation (CABHI): 2018 Call for Innovations: Industry Innovation Partnership Program – Round 3
- Ontario Centres of Excellence: Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) : Ontario-Israel Research Network Program – MAGNET (OIRNP-MAGNET) Call for Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Ontario Centres of Excellence: Ontario Centres of Excellence: Health Technologies Fund – Call for Expressions of Interest (EOIs)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC): E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowships