Killam Research Fellowships
The Killam Research Fellowships are awarded annually, on a competitive basis, to support scholars doing research in any of the following fields: humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, health sciences, engineering, or studies linking any of the disciplines within these fields.
Killam Research Fellowships provide two full years of release time from teaching and administrative duties to individual scholars who wish to pursue independent research. They are intended for established scholars who have demonstrated outstanding research ability, have published the results of their research in substantial publications in their field and are expected to continue contributing to the Canadian research community after they have completed their fellowship project. These awards are valued at $70,000 per year. Fellowship recipients must obtain support for research and laboratory costs from other sources. Applicants who are retired are not eligible.
Monday, May 1, 2017: Internal Deadline
- Completed MRA -My Research Application form submitted to obtain departmental/divisional approvals. Available at http://aws.utoronto.ca/services/my-research-mr/
- Completed draft application form (Word doc) is required for Research Services to perform Editorial/Administrative Reviews
- Candidates must contact the Killam Program at email@example.com to obtain a user name, password and PIN number
- This PIN is needed to identify the applicant to the Killam Program upon submission of the applicant’s CV from the Common CV Web site
10 am, Friday, May 12, 2017: Sponsor Deadline
- Applications must be submitted electronically (via the Killam website by clicking on “Submit Application”)
- After submitting online, before logging off, applicants must print the required letter to the Canada Council, then sign and send it by mail/courier postmarked no later than May 15, 2017 to sponsor with all supporting documents
An information session will be offered on the St George campus by the Canada Council for the Arts program staff, which will cover program eligibility, application requirements, historical and statistical information.
- Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:00-2:30 pm
- Governing Council Chamber, Simcoe Hall, 2nd floor, 27 King’s College Circle
RSVP to Sarah Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that 10 minute breakout sessions with the Killam Program Officer are available for more specific questions. If interested, please ensure you indicate this when you RSVP.
Additional information on the Killam Research Fellowships can be found on the Canada Council for the Arts Killam Program website. 2017 application guidelines can be found here.
Research Funding Officer, Social Sciences & Humanities
email@example.com | (416) 978-7324
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Innovation and Science, Ministry of Research: Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science – Low Carbon Innovation Fund (LCIF) Technology Validation Stream: Call for Eligibility Assessments
- Mitacs: Mitacs Elevate – Winter 2018 call for proposals
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-Jiangsu Industrial Research and Development Program: Call for Proposal
- : Academics Without Borders Network University Partners For capacity building projects in an Institution of Higher Learning In the Developing World
- Weston Brain Institute: Weston Brain Institute: Early Phase Clinical Trials: Canada – Call for Letter of Intent