2018 L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards
The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Awards are attributed each year to distinguish eminent women scientists at the height of their careers.
These awards alternate each year between the Physical and Life Sciences. The 2018 awards will recognize five outstanding female scientists who have made a significant contribution to research in the Life Sciences.
Nominees are evaluated for their contributions to research, the strength of their commitment, and their impact on society. One award is given to a researcher in each of the following geographic regions:
- Africa and Arab States
- Asia (including Oceania and Pacific)
- Latin America
- North America (Canada and USA)
Nominations must be submitted on the secure site http://www.forwomeninscience.com/en/awards.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): GRC Call for White Papers in Nanomanufacturing Materials and Processes
- University of Toronto: CNRS-UofT Call for Joint Research Proposals
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC): Partnership Engage Grant
- Ontario Government: Ontario Government Partners in Climate Action – Low-Carbon Grant
- : UCL-U of T Call for Joint Proposals and Exchange Activities