Manning Innovation Awards
The Manning Innovation Awards recognize and reward Canadians who have conceived, developed and successfully marketed an innovative product or process. The awards have recognized innovators from a variety of disciplines including Agriculture, Aviation, Civil Engineering, Communications, Medical Science, Submarine Engineering and the Environment.
The Foundation annually awards $100,000 for the Encana Principal Award, $25,000 for the David E. Mitchell Award of Distinction, and $5,000 each for up to two Innovation Awards, which are reserved for those without the benefit of research facilities or advanced education in the field of their innovation.
Interested nominees are advised to contact their Divisional awards director or officer for their Academic Unit who will notify the contact below.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Genome Canada/Ontario Genomics Institute: Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (B/CB) Funding Competition
- Mitacs: Mitacs Accelerate Fellowship
- Ericsson Canada: Ericsson Canada Request for Proposal – ICT and Networked Society
- Natural Resources Canada: Natural Resources Canada: New Clean Growth Program – Call for Letter of Interest
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund (OCRIF) – Call for Applications (Second Round)