2018 Millennium Technology Prize
The Finnish Millennium Technology Prize ranks among the world’s most prestigious awards in its class. The Prize is awarded every two years for a specific groundbreaking innovation in the field of technology. The winning innovation must be shown to promote the quality of life and sustainable development of people both now and in the future. The Prize is not intended for cumulative accomplishments over a lifetime career.
Citizens of all nations are eligible. Technologies not yet applied in practice are ineligible. Before the winner is selected, the finalists, their research work and their innovations will be presented to international media and the general public.
Nominations must be submitted by institutions. To discuss a possible nomination, please approach the awards director or coordinator for your division, or advise the contact below.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- J. P. Bickell Foundation: J.P. Bickell Foundation – Annual Medical Research Program Grants
- Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Strategic Grants – Call for Proposals
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): GRC Call for White Papers in Nanomanufacturing Materials and Processes
- University of Toronto: CNRS-UofT Call for Joint Research Proposals
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC): Partnership Engage Grant