Mitacs Accelerate – Graduate Student/ Post-doctoral Fellow Funding Opportunities
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
Mitacs-Accelerate is Canada’s premiere research internship program. It connects companies with over 50 research-based universities through graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, who apply their specialized expertise to business research challenges. Interns transfer their skills from theory to real-world application, while the companies gain a competitive advantage by accessing high-quality research expertise.
Standard Mitacs-Accelerate applications are accepted throughout the year and projects may begin at any time. The Mitacs-Accelerate internship program is scalable in its design. Projects can range from a single four-month internship unit to multiple units combined together to accommodate larger projects. Each standard 4-month internship project receives $15,000 in direct funding, with the partner organization and Mitacs each providing $7,500.
Under the Mitacs-Accelerate program, partner organizations should be Canadian for-profit companies, or a Canadian business location of a foreign-owned for-profit company. Organizations which are not eligible to be partners include:
- Other funding agencies
- University-based research centres
- Foreign companies without significant Canadian operations
There are no pre-defined limits on the number of Accelerate internships a company may sponsor. However, should a partner organization wish to submit applications in excess of 25 internships in any one fiscal year (April – March), applications must be reviewed by Mitacs to ascertain the availability of funds. Applications will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Prospective partners should discuss their requirements with local Business Development representative, Samantha Reid, Director Development.
Sponsor Deadline: Applications can be submitted at any time. Allow 8 weeks for processing and review of standard internship proposals.
email@example.com | (416) 978-5557
More Information for Researchers
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund (OCRIF) – Call for Applications (Second Round)
- Innovation and Science, Ministry of Research: Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science – Low Carbon Innovation Fund (LCIF) Technology Validation Stream: Call for Eligibility Assessments
- Mitacs: Mitacs Elevate – Winter 2018 call for proposals
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-Jiangsu Industrial Research and Development Program: Call for Proposal
- : Academics Without Borders Network University Partners For capacity building projects in an Institution of Higher Learning In the Developing World