2017 Molson Prize
The Molson Prizes are awarded annually to two distinguished individuals: one in the arts, and one in the social sciences and humanities. The prizes are intended to encourage continuing contribution to the cultural and intellectual heritage of Canada.
Funded by an endowment from the Molson Foundation, the prizes are jointly administered by the Canada Council for the Arts and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
Previous University of Toronto winners include Keren Rice (Linguistics), Ramsay Cook (Dictionary of Canadian Biography), Janice Stein (Political Science), Ian Hacking (Philosophy), Michael Trebilcock (Law), Martin Friedland (Law) and Frances Halpenny (Library Science).
To discuss a possible nomination, please approach the awards director or coordinator for your division, or request guidance from the contact below.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
email@example.com | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- J. P. Bickell Foundation: J.P. Bickell Foundation – Annual Medical Research Program Grants
- Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Strategic Grants – Call for Proposals
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC): GRC Call for White Papers in Nanomanufacturing Materials and Processes
- University of Toronto: CNRS-UofT Call for Joint Research Proposals
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC): Partnership Engage Grant