2018 Partners in Research (PIR) National Awards
The Partners In Research National Awards recognize leading Canadian research, its promotion to the public through outreach activities, and the impact of this research on the lives of Canadians.
Only one nomination from UofT and its hospital partners will be accepted for each award below, except the Calhoun Science Ambassador Award. An internal competition will be held to determine the institutional candidates for these awards, and the winning applications will be submitted through the Vice-President, Research & Innovation Office. If you wish to make a nomination or to be nominated for any of these awards, please email the Award Contact listed below as soon as possible.
The Partners In Research Ambassador Awards include:
- The Ronald G. Calhoun Science Ambassador Award recognizing outstanding leadership in support of health research;
- The Biomedical Science Ambassador Award recognizing outstanding contributions to the biomedical sciences and clinical medicine and their promotion to the public by a Canadian researcher;
- The Science Ambassador Award recognizing outstanding contributions to the field of science and their promotion to the public by a Canadian researcher;
- The Technology Ambassador Award recognizing outstanding contributions to the field of technology and their promotion to the public by a Canadian researcher;
- The Engineering Ambassador Award recognizing outstanding contributions to the field of engineering and their promotion to the public by a Canadian researcher; and
- The Mathematics Ambassador Award recognizing outstanding contributions to the field of mathematics and their promotion to the public by a Canadian researcher.
Winners will be invited to attend the PIR National Awards ceremony, where they will receive their award and present a brief acceptance speech to an audience of academics and professionals.
Manager, University Awards & Honours
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-7905
This database lists major national and international awards only. For a more comprehensive listing of awards across disciplines and for all stages of the career, please visit the COS Pivot database when logged into the U of T system. In the advanced search, select “Prizes and Awards” as the funding type.
If you intend to submit a nomination, please notify the award contact as soon as possible. The Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation offers guidance on submitting awards nominations, in collaboration with divisional offices and affiliated institutions. In some cases, an internal competition will be held to select an institutional nominee.
More Information for Researchers
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund (OCRIF) – Call for Applications (Second Round)
- Innovation and Science, Ministry of Research: Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science – Low Carbon Innovation Fund (LCIF) Technology Validation Stream: Call for Eligibility Assessments
- Mitacs: Mitacs Elevate – Winter 2018 call for proposals
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-Jiangsu Industrial Research and Development Program: Call for Proposal
- : Academics Without Borders Network University Partners For capacity building projects in an Institution of Higher Learning In the Developing World