Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
The purpose of Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s fall research competition is to support leading research into the understanding, management and treatment of, and cure for, cystic fibrosis. Proposals will be scored on both scientific merit and impact for CF patients.
In the fall of 2015, Cystic Fibrosis Canada is accepting applications in the following categories:
- Basic science research grants in CF
- Clinical research grants in CF
- Early Career Investigator awards in CF
- Fellowship and Studentship awards
All applications must address Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s Core Principles of funding the best science that has the highest probability of making an impact for CF patients.
The proposed research budget for the 2016/2017 fiscal year is $5.2M. Prior research commitments total approximately $2.9M.
The review process employed by Cystic Fibrosis Canada is based on scientific peer review. The aim is to ensure that the researcher with the greatest potential to achieve a cure or control for CF or the biggest impact on the health and quality of life for people with CF receives financial support in their investigations. No scientist is likely to have sufficient expertise to be able to review all applications. For this reason, Cystic Fibrosis Canada recruits review panel members with different scientific backgrounds and expertise. Review panel members may hold a Cystic Fibrosis Canada grant but will be excused from the panel for that competition if they submit an application.
All application details, including deadlines, application forms, review criteria, and the revised Grants and Awards Guide will be available on the website in July.
The Notices of Intent for all research grants are currently available online and are due August 4th, 2015. Full applications will be due October 1st, 2015.
Research Funding Officer, Health & Life Sciences
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 946-5926
More Information for Researchers
- Genome Canada/Ontario Genomics Institute: Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (B/CB) Funding Competition
- Mitacs: Mitacs Accelerate Fellowship
- Ericsson Canada: Ericsson Canada Request for Proposal – ICT and Networked Society
- Natural Resources Canada: Natural Resources Canada: New Clean Growth Program – Call for Letter of Interest
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund (OCRIF) – Call for Applications (Second Round)