Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) – Call for Funding Proposals in Computer-Aided Design and Test (CADT)
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC) Global Research Collaboration (GRC) is soliciting white papers in the area of Computer-Aided Design and Test. Only a very limited number of white papers will receive eventual funding.
This call, issued to universities worldwide, may be addressed by an individual investigator or a research team. Our selection process is divided into two stages. Interested parties are requested to submit a 1-page white paper, which should identify what can be done in a three-year period beginning January 1, 2019. A successfully selected white paper will result in an invitation to submit a full proposal. These proposals will be further down-selected for research contracts.
The number and size of the contracts awarded will be determined by the availability of funds, and by the number of high-quality proposals. Contracts awarded normally support 1-2 graduate students. The funding level requested will be a factor in the selection process. Proposals offering funding leverage (other funding resources related and beneficial to the proposed work) are encouraged and details should be described (ex. Fellowships, student support, fabrication support, etc.).
Each researcher may be involved in no more than two white papers.
Our research needs are outlined in the Computer-Aided Design and Test research needs document which mainly emphasizes System, Logic, and Physical Design tools. Some additional work in Test and Verification will be considered, if aligned with needs described in the document. Researchers should carefully review the document.
White Paper Guidelines
White Papers are limited to 1 page total, using a minimum of 10-point font size, and must be submitted via the SRC web-site by July 11, 2018 no later than 3PM EDT/ 12PM PDT. Submissions not in compliance with all guidelines will be excluded from consideration.
Please include the following identifying information in your White Paper:
- Project title
- Investigator(s) and university.
- Principal investigator’s contact information (telephone number, mailing address, and e-mail address).
Please address the following topics in your White Paper:
- Targeted Need: Emphasize area and problem to be addressed; match most relevant topic addressed in the research needs document.
- Approach: Present your strategy for addressing the problem. Describe important findings from your research to date. Describe how your proposed research would advance the state of the art and be useful to SRC member companies.
- Objective and Results: What you plan to accomplish in a 3-year period. What are the anticipated outputs of a successful effort?
- Funding Request and participants: Plan for yearly budget should include overhead charges by your institution. Besides faculty, please also indicate the number of students supported and their degrees pursued. A detailed approved budget is not required at this time.
- Funding Leverage: Leverage funding applicable to the proposed research.
- Background IP: Identify any blocking pre-existing intellectual property on which new results will be based.
Contract Awardees will be expected to:
- Participate in annual project reviews (PIs and students).
- Participate in SRC’s student conference, TECHCON (students).
- Interact with industry liaisons.
- Submit reports for pre-defined deliverables in proposal.
- Submit publications resulting from sponsored research.
- File patents when applicable.
Timetable and Deadlines
|Announcement of Call-for-White-Papers||Monday, June 11, 2018|
|Deadline to Submit White Papers||Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 3 PM EST EDT / 12 PM PDT|
|Invitation to Submit Full Proposals||Monday, August 13, 2018|
|Deadline to Submit Full Proposals||Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 3 PM EST EDT / 12 PM PDT|
|Winning Proposals Notified||Thursday, October 18, 2018|
|New Programs Start||January 1, 2019|
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 978-5557
More Information for Researchers
- Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC): Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) – Call for Funding Proposals in Nanomanufacturing Materials and Processes (NMP)
- Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC): Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) – Call for Funding Proposals in Computer-Aided Design and Test (CADT)
- George Weston Limited: George Weston Limited: Seeding Food Innovation Grants 2018 Program Announcement – Call for Letters of Intent (LOI)
- : IC-IMPACTS and Department of Science and Technology (DST), India : Improving Occupant Survivability in Buildings During Fires – Call for Proposals
- Samsung Global: 2018 Samsung Global Research Outreach Program (SAIT)- Call for Proposals