Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research: Strategic Grants – Call for Proposals
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research Innovation Fund guides the discovery and development of novel therapies and approaches to treating heart failure. It includes both strategic grants and seed grants — see below for more, including any current competitions.
By supporting bench research, proof-of-concept development and the clinical assessment of new diagnostics, therapeutics and technologies, this fund plays a vital role in getting great ideas off the ground and enabling our researchers to attract additional support and momentum for moving their innovations into the clinical and commercial spheres.
Investigators must demonstrate they are leveraging and developing the very best ideas, technologies and methodologies available. Awarded projects have the greatest potential to transform cardiac care, and involve at least 2 of the Centre’s 3 partner institutions. (Any partners worldwide may be co-applicants.)
Strategic Grants – competition now open
The Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research is now accepting submissions for its first-ever strategic grants, which provide funding of up to $1 million over 3 years for transformative research projects focused on discovery, development and implementation of next-generation approaches and therapies to address heart failure.
Deadline: Letters of intent are due by July 28, 2017, 5 p.m.
Collaboration: Eligible projects must represent a bona fide collaboration with at least 2 of 3 of the Centre’s partners: The Hospital for Sick Children, University Health Network, University of Toronto.
Contact: Linda Donovan, Planning & Operations Manager: email@example.com
Research Funding Officer, Health & Life Sciences
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 946-5926
More Information for Researchers
- Innovation and Science, Ministry of Research: Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science – Low Carbon Innovation Fund (LCIF) Technology Validation Stream: Call for Eligibility Assessments
- Mitacs: Mitacs Elevate – Winter 2018 call for proposals
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario Centres of Excellence – Ontario-Jiangsu Industrial Research and Development Program: Call for Proposal
- : Academics Without Borders Network University Partners For capacity building projects in an Institution of Higher Learning In the Developing World
- Weston Brain Institute: Weston Brain Institute: Early Phase Clinical Trials: Canada – Call for Letter of Intent