Undergraduate Student Research Award
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
The Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) are meant to stimulate an undergraduate student’s interest in research in the natural sciences and engineering. These awards are also meant to encourage students to undertake graduate studies and pursue a research career in any of the fields that fall under the natural sciences and engineering umbrella.
Research Services has prepared the following guides to assist you:
Additional Deadline Notes
Students must contact the Undergraduate Student Coordinator in their Department in order to apply for the NSERC USRA
The deadline for submission for the summer term is March 13th , 2017 by 9:00 am (firm deadline).
Tutorials are available on the NSERC web site at http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Videos-Videos/usra-brpct_eng.asp
***The deadline for submission for the winter term is January 9, 2017 by 9:00 am
Research Funding Officer, Natural Sciences & Engineering
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 946-7517
More Information for Researchers
- : Mitacs – Canadian Science Policy Fellowship
- : Ontario Brain Institute – 2017 ONtrepreneurs Program Call for Applications
- Canadian Academy of Engineering: Canadian Academy of Engineering Fellows
- Marine Environmental Observation Prediction and Response: Marine Environmental Observation Prediction and Response: Year of Polar Prediction – Call for Proposals
- Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE): Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund – Call for Proposals (Biomaterials)