Undergraduate Student Research Award
Notice: The RIS Application Attachment form (aka Blue form) has been replaced by the on-line My Research Applications. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your Employee Self-Serve (ESS) or My Research On-Line (MROL) credentials. If you encounter problems please contact the RAISE help desk, (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca). Please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information.
The Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) are meant to stimulate an undergraduate student’s interest in research in the natural sciences and engineering. These awards are also meant to encourage students to undertake graduate studies and pursue a research career in any of the fields that fall under the natural sciences and engineering umbrella.
Research Services has prepared the following guides to assist you:
3 – USRA 2015_FAQs
Additional Deadline Notes
Students must contact the Undergraduate Student Coordinator in their Department in order to apply for the NSERC USRA
The March 13th, 2015 deadline is the date by which departments receiving a USRA allocation must have submitted all of the required information about their final nominees to the Research Services’ contact.
Tutorials are available on the NSERC web site at http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Videos-Videos/usra-brpct_eng.asp
Research Funding Manager, Natural Sciences & Engineering
email@example.com | (416) 978-7118
More Information for Researchers
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR): 2015 CIHR Barer-Flood Prize in Health Services and Policy Research
- Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation (MRI): Ontario-China Research and Innovation Fund (OCRIF) – Intent to Submit Grant Application for the 2015 Call for Proposals
- Canadian Diabetes Association: Personnel Awards Competition
- Mitacs: Mitacs Globalink funding opportunity with Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT)
- Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC) Global Research Collaboration (GRC): Semiconductor Research Corp. (SRC) Global Research Collaboration is soliciting white papers in the thrust area of Logic and Memory Devices