Undergraduate Student Research Award
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
The Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) are meant to stimulate an undergraduate student’s interest in research in the natural sciences and engineering. These awards are also meant to encourage students to undertake graduate studies and pursue a research career in any of the fields that fall under the natural sciences and engineering umbrella.
Research Services has prepared the following guides to assist you:
Additional Deadline Notes
Students must contact the Undergraduate Student Coordinator in their Department in order to apply for the NSERC USRA
The deadline for submission for the fall term is September 9, 2016 by 9:00 am (firm deadline).
Tutorials are available on the NSERC web site at http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Videos-Videos/usra-brpct_eng.asp
Research Funding Officer, Natural Sciences & Engineering
email@example.com | (416) 946-7517
More Information for Researchers
- The Royal Bank of Canada (RBC): Royal Bank of Canada Innovation Post-Doctoral & Graduate Fellowships
- Natural Resources Canada: NRCan Energy Innovation Program Call for Proposals – Up to $5M available per Project
- BioFuelNet Canada: BioFuelNet Canada – Call for proposals
- Sony: Sony Research Award Program 2016
- Mitacs: Mitacs Canadian Science Policy Fellowship: 2017-18 Call for Proposals