Undergraduate Student Research Award
Notice: The RIS Application Attachment form (aka Blue form) has been replaced by the on-line My Research Applications. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your Employee Self-Serve (ESS) or My Research On-Line (MROL) credentials. If you encounter problems please contact the RAISE help desk, (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca). Please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information.
NOTE: NSERC has awarded a small number of USRA’s for the winter term. Please submit applications to RSO by the internal deadline. Be sure to take note of the eligibility requirements to hold USRA’s specfically during a winter term.
The Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) are meant to stimulate an undergraduate student’s interest in research in the natural sciences and engineering. These awards are also meant to encourage students to undertake graduate studies and pursue a research career in any of the fields that fall under the natural sciences and engineering umbrella.
Research Services has prepared the following guides to assist you:
4 – USRA 2014_FAQs
Research Funding Officer, Natural Science & Engineering
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 946-7517
More Information for Researchers
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research: Canadian Institutes of Health Research – eHealth Innovation Partnership Program (eHIPP)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute: Transitions at the Acute Care/Home Care interface
- Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario (HEQCO): HEQCO RFP – Sessional, Part-time and Partial-load Faculty at Ontario Colleges
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC): NSERC Strategic Network Grants
- IC-IMPACTS: IC-IMPACTS call for proposals: India-Canada Cooperative Science Programme