Undergraduate Student Research Award
Notice: Faculty members who are planning to apply for funding are encouraged to login to the My Research Application (MRA) on-line system well in advance of the submission deadline to ensure that there are no problems with your login credentials. The system utilizes your UTORid credentials. The information in the on-line form will be automatically routed to the appropriate internal approvers for review and endorsement. If you encounter problems, please consult the My Research - Application User Guide for additional information or contact the RAISE help desk (416-946-5000, RAISE@utoronto.ca).
The Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) are meant to stimulate an undergraduate student’s interest in research in the natural sciences and engineering. These awards are also meant to encourage students to undertake graduate studies and pursue a research career in any of the fields that fall under the natural sciences and engineering umbrella.
Research Services has prepared the following guides to assist you:
Additional Deadline Notes
Students must contact the Undergraduate Student Coordinator in their Department in order to apply for the NSERC USRA
The March 14th, 2016 deadline is the date by which departments receiving a USRA allocation must have submitted all of the required information about their final nominees to the Research Services’ contact.
Tutorials are available on the NSERC web site at http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Videos-Videos/usra-brpct_eng.asp
Research Funding Officer, Natural Sciences & Engineering
firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 946-7517
More Information for Researchers
- : Stars in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn And Child Health
- Ministry of Research and Innovation - Ontario: Early Researcher Award (ERA) Round 12
- : The Canada-Israel Innovation Initiative for Student Mobility – Call for Proposals
- The Drummond Foundation: The Drummond Foundation / La Fondation Drummond: Request for Applications / Appel de candidatures
- Mitacs: Mitacs Globalink: Call for 2017 Globalink Research Internship Faculty submissions